Thursday, March 31, 2011

Week 36 Update

Baby Marston (aka Marstmellow/Coffee Bean) are in our 36th week together.  My doctor tells me that baby is "dropping" now.  Matt and I went today for an ultrasound and got to see lots of shadows and shapes that the tech told us was our child.  The tech measured his head and abdomen and the ultrasound estimates his current weight at 6lbs and 4oz, which was the birth weight of Baby Marston's future Millsaps girlfriend, Reene Parker Slover when she decided to come into the world on Monday (Congrats JPS and Scott!).  The tech did tell us that means he is in the 56th percentile, and guessed that his birthweight would probably be just over 7lbs if he comes on time.  We are happy he is completely average at this point. 

I'm feeling pretty well, though I get tired and uncomfortable pretty easily.  I don't sleep very well at night, but I take naps in the afternoon to make up for it.  As long as I'm not nauseous, I'm happy. 

I have started to get a little tired of strangers wanting to talk to me about my pregnancy.  I have been lucky not to have strangers want to touch my belly, but people always want to talk about it.  Yesterday, I was taking out the garbage and walking Wilbur when a man shouted "when are you due?" to me from across the street.  Now, if we still lived in Dallas or another city where you stay fairly anonymous, I would have just ignored him and kept walking.  But, this is where life in a small town gets a little tiresome.  I can't be as rude as I'd like to be, so instead I smile and say, "soon" and walk quickly to the dumpster.  And this happens all the time, complete and total strangers wanting to know when I'm due, what the baby's gender is, and so on. I'll be so happy when baby gets here and I stop being the center of strangers' attention.

2 comments:

  1. Let the Millsaps drama continue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dream on, sweet Elizabeth! YOU may not be the one strangers are interested in, but your little Marstmellow will be. :)

    ReplyDelete