Monday, May 16, 2011

Visit with the Marstons!


Matt's parents, Don and Judy, got to come visit us from Wednesday (5/11) to Sunday (5/15).  Since they were here, Matt was able to go to a quick retreat (aka Man-treat) with some friends from Duke.  He was only gone from Wednesday night to Friday morning.  While he was gone, we got to take Isaac to his first photo shoot.  We received a gift package for sessions with a local photographer (http://www.jillstringfellow.com/) that start with newborn photos and get taken every three months.  I was so glad the grandparents went to the photo session with us, it was alot of fun.  Isaac did great for about 15-20 minutes, then got pretty angry when we tried to change his position.  I had left the pacifiers at home (rookie mistake) so it took a while for him to settle down.  However, once he chilled out, he did well again.  We will get to preview the pictures in about two weeks and then we'll use them to send out birth announcements.  I think they are going to be really good.  Jill (the photographer) is very laid-back and made the session easy and stress-free. 

We spent the rest of the weekend just hanging out and letting Don and Judy spend quality time with their first grandchild.  They were able to go to church on Sunday and see Matt preach, which was a real treat since Don rarely gets to take a Sunday off himself. 










1 comment:

  1. Such sweet photos with the grandparents! I love Isaac's arm draped over Don. I can't wait to see Isaac's first photo shoot!

    ReplyDelete