Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Isaac Hunter Marston!


Isaac, home from the hospital, almost a week old.

As I'm trying to write this post, I'm pretty overwhelmed with how much has changed in the past two weeks, and I struggle to put into words everything that happened and all the emotions that come with it.  I'll stick to the basics for now, along with some pictures. 



Right after he was born - our first family photo
  Isaac arrived at 3:33pm on Tuesday, April 26, 2011.  Isaac was 7 lbs and 6 oz, and 21.25 inches long.  We came home from the hospital on that Thursday (4/28) and we have been adjusting to life ever since.  He eats very well and has been a great baby, only fussing when he needs something. 


Matt and Isaac  bonding our first night

Matt is totally smitten with Isaac.  He cannot get enough of holding him and staring at his face.  Matt jumpedright in to the baby care, changing his diaper the first night we were in the hospital and doing anything he could to be helpful.


"Papa and Mimi" on our first night with Isaac

My parents came into town on Good Friday, so they were able to be with us in the hospital.  I was so glad to have them there, especially my Mom since she was able to talk me through what was happening and keep me calm.  Mom stayed with us for two weeks, while Dad had to go back home on Wednesday (4/27).  Having Mom at home with us was a huge help, I got to get plenty of rest during the day and she was able to help us through some of those first hiccups, like how to bathe a newborn and how to use the bulb thing that cleans out their baby noses. 

Finally home from the hospital on 4/28! 
We were discharged home on Thursday (4/28) around noon.  Isaac wore the same going-home outfit that Matt wore home from the hospital when he was born.  Since then, we've just been learning how to navigate this wonderful new life.  Isaac eats about every 3 to 4 hours, and in between then, he likes to cuddle, sit in his bouncer, and dirty his diaper.  The nights haven't been very bad, though our first night at home was exhausting.  I kept feeding him anytime he fussed, and Matt rocked him (although Isaac was already asleep) for hours.  Once we realized that he doesn't actually need to eat every hour and a half, our nights have been much easier.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment